Sharing in your life's excitements and sorrows. Feel free to overflow.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

An Update on Monotony

Life is good! The past couple weeks have been kinda crazy, but at the same time things have been pretty normal. No intense drama. Which is definitely a good thing. Thoroughly enjoying the summer, simply because of the lack of school. I could care less that it's hot out. We're putting siding on the house now! Woo-whoo! Things are starting to move again. After a year, what's a couple more months, right?! I'll post a picture soon! Looking forward to Camp Meeting this weekend, and bunking with the girls. Should be interesting. Ha! Nah, we like to sleep too much. Speaking of sleep, 10:45 this morning...that's when I finally drug myself out of bed. Off to work here soon.

Thoughts lately have been on prayer and being a minister for Christ. Trying to focus when I pray to be praying with a purpose and with faith. I've thought before it's kind of like when someone tells or asks a child to do something, but has very little confidence in that child that they will succeed or even try. "Well I'll ask, but I doubt he'll get it done." If that child knows of the others lack of confidence or faith in them, it is likely that they won't even bother, "What's the point? They don't think I can anyway." I wonder if this is how God feels sometimes, why would He have any desire to answer or even hear our prayers when we are praying simply out of form or praying with no faith or confidence in Him? " Why should I answer their prayer, they're not expecting me to answer?" Personally, it would hurt my feelings if I wanted to do something very important and no one had confidence in me and everyone thought I would fail. I just wonder if God feels that way too. When we bring our cares and sorrows to Him, our burdens and our concerns, and have no faith or confidence that He will answer, especially after His word says He will. Not to mention, God won't take something from us, we have to give it to Him. Anyway, that's where my thoughts have been lately and more. Pray for me if you think of it (but please- pray with faith! ;) )

Love Always,
Drea

1 comment:

  1. The lack of school also make me happy. Enjoy your summer! I suppose that means sleep, sleep and more sleep.

    Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete