Sharing in your life's excitements and sorrows. Feel free to overflow.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fast Forward

So, in the past few months while I fell of the blogging world lots of  wonderful things happened. Although not all of them were very eventful.

In April, I went to Haiti- and I never posted about it. And that's part of the reason I haven't posted in a while- at least why I stopped. No, it's not because I had some epiphany that I felt I couldn't blog- the truth is terrible, but here it is: I felt like it would be a lot of writing and I just didn't want to do it. There, I said it. And I probably just didn't know what to say or what not to say. And of course my O.C.D. would not let me post out of order.

So, Haiti. If you want to know all of the details, feel free to ask me. It was a wonderful trip. It is a beautiful country. And strange as it sounds, it's a lot like anywhere else. Because aside from the fact that most are very poor and have little, they are people. People living with what they have. People with goals and ambitions. Some people were very nice. Some people were nice sometimes. There was a wedding when we were there and a baptism. The services were wonderful- most of the time. We did run into one issue, which wasn't fun. But aside from that it was a great experience. I learned many things. I learned more about myself. I'm not sure if I will return to Haiti or not- I would love to, but I need to know that God is directing me in that manner.

Next stop- I switched jobs. Another wonderful work God did for me. I wanted another job, even though my employer was willing to work with my schedule, it just seemed best with me changing schools this fall. It worked out really well since I had to cut back on hours and was able to switch from once monthly to bi-weekly pay checks. God's timing is perfect. Unfortunately, I kind of don't want to do what I do anymore. We'll see.

I took a trip to Ohio with friend's this month. They were going to see family, but I tagged along because we were making a pit stop at one of my best friend's baby shower. It was good to see her and her family again. They are old friend's of mine. I moved a lot as a kid, so I don't have that kindergarten friendship with anyone, which is fine. Well I still maybe have some that are just as close- but not as long. Anyway, she's one of those. It's exciting to watch lives unfold. I love being this age. It's a wonderful season. It's exciting. It's challenging too. There's lots of growing and changing. But it's also nice to be at an age where "you" is a more established personality. LOL.

Anyway. School starts again. Woo Whoo. I LIKE school. FINALLY done with my Associate's and moving on to the Bachelor's. Two and half years from now I will be done with that. Yay. It's exciting. Time flies. To think- I've already lived in the South for two years. And, yes, I have admitted that I like it better! Hopefully that doesn't upset anyone too bad.

And my sister's are growing up. Kindergarten and Second grade. And one in eleventh and college classes and the other in tenth aiming for an early graduation. I honestly can't remember what K wants to be (sorry) I think it's something medical- like a nurse. No she is going for nursing. Okay.  And the other wants to be an oncologist. And my baby brother. Seventh grader. Wow. Such a sweet kid. Love him to pieces. Miss them. But I still aim to keep a good relationship with them, even though I'm far away. Cause I love them. And I want them to always know they are special and they are loved.

Okay, so it seems like you've had to read quite a lot of mushy personals. At least it wasn't too bad! Now you know. Maybe next time won't be so far off and I can write a little more about things or something rather than so much personal thoughts. And that wasn't even the deep stuff. LOL

For now...

1 comment:

  1. LOL...I keep saying it, but everybody is growing up...and some of us are getting old. *SIGH* Enjoyed your update...miss you...when is your next day off and i'll try to come meet you for lunch like you suggested...=) =)

    ReplyDelete